Times of Dylan


Times of Dylan


This is a conceptual piece which aims to show the reverence of Bob Dylan’s work by drawing the viewer back into the moment in time the music was created. The goal is to show both the timeliness and timelessness of his songs.

A long hallway set up with Dylan Lyrics on one side and images/movies from that moment in time on the other wall. As you walk down this long hallway you are physically walking through the timeline. Unidirectional speakers will play the current album.

In order to draw out the almost visual nature of Dylan’s lyrics and to give some visual focus points adjective – noun combinations are highlighted and enlarged in the text on the wall.

What We Did:


  • Using python to scrub 400 songs kept locking up my IP address. I tried to add a pause between each quarry but I would still get locked out after about 50 songs and needed to find another IP address. VPNs worked to different degrees of success.
  • Dealing with the scale of a large wall while working with small elements (the words).
  • Processing had memory issues and creating large format canvases.
  • Creating a small representation of a large and detailed that holds true to both scales is challenging.


Shameless self promotion – Twitter Bot

For this week’s assignment, we were supposed to make our own twitter bot.

I’m obsessed with photography.  In my free time I love to travel and take pictures. Beside my portfolio : PHOTOGRAPHY PORTFOLIO, fb page: FB Page I also have a FLICKR ACCOUNT:


I decided to create a twitter bot, that will upload my most recent photo, link to my page and display some hashtags.

I must say, it wasn’t an easy task, since twitter doesn’t create thumbnails, also doesn’t allow the user to upload pictures directly from url.

To be able to post a picture, along with some text, I had to download it to my computer and send it again to twitter.

I had a lot of problems with that, but finally, after an office hour and 123456765432 hours of my own struggling, I managed to figure out the way.

Here’s how it looks like:


And here…  is my favorite bug that I had:



Collaborative Drawing



In this week, I was working on creating a collaborative chat.

I had some problems with separating mouse coordinates for each user. After solving this problem, I decided to move my canvas, what obviously caused another problem – the drawing was being created far from the mouse. I have a feeling that I solved it, but any small change in the code might mess it up again, so I rather won’t brag about it.

I keep trying to figure how to draw continuous line when pressing the mouse, but the fact that I have to send and display the drawing from the server makes it a very hard task to complete.

So far I managed to draw straight lines between each ‘click’ of the mouse.

I also added ‘login’ panel & clear button. Still fighting with continuous drawing.

screen-shot-2016-09-27-at-12-00-37-am screen-shot-2016-09-27-at-12-02-21-am screen-shot-2016-09-27-at-12-00-37-am


Shark Attacks


For this week’s assignment, we were supposed to prepare our first data visualization, basing on JSON or xml file.

I spent a lot of time searching for a proper dataset but deeply failed, that is why I decided to create my own one.

Since I was young, I was very interested in Sharks. I couldn’t stop watching ‘Jaws’ on and on again. I figured that I might find some interesting information about these animals.

I came across the ‘Shark Attack’ article on wikipedia and felt very inspired to visualize ‘Confirmed unprovoked shark attacks around the world’.

After creating JSON file, I started experimenting with different shapes, positions and juxtapositions of arrays.

My goal was to map the size of circles with the number of fatal and total attacks. Additionally, I needed to downgrade size of circles displaying total attacks 5 times, since the numbers were extremely high comparing to the numbers of ‘fatal’ attacks.

I used 2 color sets of colors:  shades of red for fatal attacks,  and blue for total attacks.

My JSON file contained 14 groups, consisting:

  • Region of attacks,
  • Number of total attacks
  • Number of fatal attacks
  • Year of last fatality.

I placed each region ( and it’s 2 circles) in random places of concentric circles.

I also planned to sort my sets chronologically –  by the year of the last fatality – but still trying to figure it out.

It was a ver nice task. I think I’ve learned a lot and (OH MAN!) realized that I can’t code in Java… Hopefully I will change it soon!

dataart1 dataart2 dataart3

Chat using node.js & socket.io


Assignments: Get up and running with Node.js on Digital Ocean and the example Chat Application. Try to extend it a bit, make it better, more fun.

I had just too many crazy ideas for this homework… Eventually, I ended up trying to understand each line of my code? Did i succeed? – No. Did I improve? – Yes.

Here are a few goals I managed to achieve:

changing the background color each time someone sends a post.

  • adding a footer
  • adding a username
  • adding a transparent box around text

I also managed to randomly change colors of text input and its position, but the visual effect wasn’t satisfying, so I quit the idea…

I tried to spread the text and locate each quote in a different part of the screen but kept moving the whole div instead… same with text colors.

screen-shot-2016-09-19-at-11-24-05-pm screen-shot-2016-09-19-at-11-25-07-pm screen-shot-2016-09-19-at-11-25-49-pmscreen-shot-2016-09-19-at-11-23-34-pm

Finally, I achieved a pretty neat effect:

screen-shot-2016-09-20-at-12-19-45-am screen-shot-2016-09-20-at-12-21-03-am screen-shot-2016-09-20-at-12-22-37-amscreen-shot-2016-09-20-at-12-25-11-amscreen-shot-2016-09-20-at-12-25-18-am