For now users can send a very short message. Planning to keep updating he project.
Test it here
For our firs assignment, we were supposed to
I called the 1st project ‘The synonyms’. It is supposed to turn each word of a given text into its synonyms.
I must say I had many problems with that, since I’m not familiar with using API. Also, I had problem with an array of words, which for some reason reversed their order. Finally, I managed to get something satisfying and get it working.
The second project is a simple ‘Turn your text to Uppercase’ converter.
After a very nice class, when I realized how much
I decided to create a webpage that shows 6 things that I love most (skipping photography).
I dig through my phone, and found some videos, that fit perfectly.
I decided on not showing the control panel and just be able to play the video.
The videos activate when the user hover over the posters.
I still have many things I wanna change, hopefully I’ll manage to fix my bugs soon.
My synchronous website is iScribble – interactive drawing and chatting website.
You can create public or private canvases and share it with many people. In the meantime, you can also chat.
I used to draw there while being in high school. It was a lot of fun back then.
For my final project, I decided to explore the topic of Op art and an optical illusion. I wanted to find out, if we can achieve similar effect, by coding art that is moving, and by coding art that is a still image, but gives the viewer the impression of movement.
Typically, Op artists used only black and white in order to produce the greatest contrast in their designs, since this contrast causes the greatest confusion for the eye, which struggles to discern which element of the composition is in the foreground and which in the background.
But color was also a focus of attention at times, as in Vasarely’s Plastic Alphabet series (1960-1980). The ways in which color suggests space, and the ways colors contrast with one another, proved fertile areas for experiment.
Feeling inspired, I decided to code my own op-arts.
I divided them to 3 groups:
Make a well-designed, computational and generative logos. This week’s assignment is a 1 week midterm project.’
For my midterm, I decided to design a generative logo for International Astronomical Union. I was inspired by stars forming constellation.
I created bunch of points, flying around the screen, and connected them in groups of three, so that they formed randomly changing triangles.
then, i was experimenting with some visual effects, opacities and colors but eventually decided to keep it simple.
For my midterm project, I decided to explore relations between attractors & movers in the code. Fortunately, I had zillion ideas, unfortunately, also had way too less skills to achieve the result what I wanted.
Tried to play with fractals, processing and three.js,
Not everything was successful, but I definitely learned a lot
Finally, I decided to focus on the ‘attractor’ example and modify it to make a nice visual effect.
My goal was have a system of movers, flying randomly on the screen. Then, slowly, they were supposed to create a hidden image.
To make it happen, I prepared a few png & jpg files, that were about to be presented by movers. After importing them into p5, I wrote a nested loop, that iterates through each pixel of the image. Each one, having the RGB value bigger than 0 and smaller than 254 was meant to attract elements of the particle.
Once it finally worked, I decided to add some functions to the mouse and keyboard. I just wanted to totally mess up the drawing and redraw it again when the mouse is pressed.
The key changes the image to another one from the array. Once we reach the last one, we go back to the 1st one.
feel free to play
‘For next week you’ll design a cover for a book of your choice. You can use form, color and typography, but not images. The main constraint is that you need to use a grid system to place elements on the page.’
I’ve picked a book about Beata Pawlikowska’s travel to Amazon Jungle. Decided to create colorful geometrical pattern, which reminds me of colors which amazon tribes use to paint their bodies.
Here’s the whole process of my project:
And the result:
This week we were supposed to design a font based on word and write the word using this typeface.
I decided to design a font created by multiple random thin lines crossing with each other.
Because I was totally wired in, instead of displaying jus a word, I wrote the whole alphabet.
I have to say that the whole process took me a looooong time, but I was really happy with the result.
I decided to use the ‘Gotham’ font, convert it to poly and randomly connect points of the array. Of course JS wasn’t aware of the letter shape, so the lines between random points created a chaos, not a letter shape:
to make it look like a letter, I had to draw a poly converted letter again, draw a rect and using fill path rule display just a rectangular shape, with carved letter inside. Finally I got the result I was looking for:
This process was pretty crazy, since I had to do it separately for each letter of the alphabet.
and the prints: